Friday, December 31, 2010

And another one gone.

My mother used to say that the older you get, the faster time goes. And here we just finished one New Year's Eve and we find ourselves at the next. I used to want time to go faster (when I was young and stupid).  She had a saying for that, too; be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

This was one of those up and down years. It brought to mind the inescapable fact that I'm getting older in a few ways, some good and some not. But on the whole, as I look back on it from the last day of my ASPCA calendar,  I realize my good fortune. Every person I care about is still here and healthy on this last day of the year. And that, more so than wealth or happiness is how I measure a successful year. Because my mother has another saying; when you have your health, you have everything. Right again, mom!

Have a happy and healthy New Year. And if it's prosperous too, well then, all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment